Route 66 day 1

 Interesting day.  We rode from Santa Monica to the Santa Monica pier.  From there we rode east through a bunch of towns (Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Pasadena, San Bernadino, just to name a few.  It was all on regular streets that tons of people take every day.  I was glad that we were on them on a Sunday morning..  I was surprised by the number of references to Route 66 -- signs on the road, names of establishments, designs on overpasses.  If I had stopped to take a picture of them all, I would still be out riding ;).  If you are curious, we rode about 78 miles.  An interesting contrast -- last night we stayed at a Comfort Inn and tonight we are at the Wigwam Hotel -- aptly named.

if you are wondering why some pictures are here -- Harvey Mudd College, Pastrami Burritos (interesting concept that we didn't try), gas is very expensive, Donut Man donut, where we are staying tonight, and the sole 'advertising' sign for the place we stopped at yesterday.  


 









 










Comments

  1. Are sleeping in a wigwam? It looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the wigwam was made out of concrete. it had windows and an air conditioner, and a separate room for a bathroom, not to mention hot and cold running water and a flush toilet. It was a neat place.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the explanation of the wig wam & sorry for the anonymous comment, I didn't realize I had to select a name to display. Thanks for the road reports. We're enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

route 66 day 2

Route 66 -- day 3